Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kitchen Kitsch

Well, I finally finished the vintage mosaic toaster! A 60's era classic Toastmaster.
It's just beeauuteeful!
I'm entitling it "Kitchen Kitsch".
Maybe I should have chosen a different title
since the dictionary defines"kistch"as
pretentious bad taste.
Some may call it bad taste to choose a toaster as art,
but I think of it as campy art with bling !

I have a mosaic "toaster as art". ...
How about "toaster as musical instrument "??
Check out comedian Heywood Banks playing the toaster and perfoming "Yeah Toast!"
And my friends, the innovative artists at Gallery on the Square in Danville, Indiana were "the toast of the town" when they recreated "American Gothic" on the town square street with over 4000 pieces of toast !!!

"Kitchen Kistch " will be available at the upcoming Penrod Arts Fair at the Indianapolis Museum of Art on September 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment